Last updated: 24th December 2019
What Cookies are and what they do:
Cookies are required in some form for the majority of websites and services to operate. Cookies are small text files which are stored on your computer or device's web browser (such as Chrome, Firefox, Edge or Safari), sent by a website or service that you visit. Cookies are only readable by your device and the website or service they are associated with. There are several types of cookies used for different purposes:
- Session Cookies: These cookies expire when the website browser is closed. They are functional and may store preferences (such as your shopping cart contents or a view preference for products such as the sort order), and they may identify your session (use of a website) by a uniquely generated id so as to distinguish your actions from other users at the time you are using the website. This unique id does not relate to personal data and is used for security purposes. Session cookies do not collect information from the user's computer.
- Permanent cookies: These cookies remain in operation and remain on your computer or device. They can have an expiration of several months. They may remember basic preferences such as whether your browser should save your credentials, so you don't have to type them in every time you use a given website, and they may remember certain preferences you have chosen in the past or pages you have viewed. This can greatly improve your user experience of a website as you can quickly return to where you left off from your previous visit. They are also known as persistent cookies.
- Third Party Essential Cookies: These are used to offer a service from a third party integrated into the main website services. Our website for example, uses Sagepay and Paypal for payment processing, and these services require essential security and session cookies for the payment to be processed on our checkout and payment pages.
- Marketing and Analytics cookies: Many websites use third party services with the aim of collecting certain information to carry out research into how websites are used, demographics information (where customers access the website globally or by city/region), or to gather data to re-market website products or services to you on the website you are visiting, or to remarket products when you visit other websites (such as Google or Facebook, they may show you adverts about our website because you visited us before or visited specific pages or performed certain actions). Under new privacy laws such as the GDPR and similar laws from other countries, websites must give you the option and information on how to opt out of such third party cookies or unnecessary cookies.
You can learn more about cookies via the following third-party websites we have linked to below:
When you use and access this website, a number of cookies are stored in your web browser. The functions of the cookies our website uses are outlined below:
- Essential Cookies: These include session and preference cookies. They assist in the security of your use in this site, assist in speeding up your user experience of the website by indicating areas of our website which have not changed since your past visit to a given page, enabling your browser to recall saved information from your last visit (images and styles for example), and they may remember certain settings such as product display preferences, previously viewed products or items in your basket which you did not purchase on your previous visit. None of these cookies store any personal data and we do not gain any information about you other than that which you knowingly provide us through your account on our website, signing up, purchasing from us, through the use our our contact form, or creating an account.
Your Options for using this website
Essential Cookies - Options
By using this website, you are agreeing to the use of essential cookies, including essential cookies for essential 3rd party services such as our payment service providers SagePay and Paypal. Note that if you clear your browsers cache, our website will ask you to reconfirm your cookie acceptance. Please also note that as cookie settings are saved by device, if other people use your device or browser, the choices chosen will apply to the device as a whole and not to the individual using the device.
If you do not consent to our essential cookies, we kindly request that you do not use this website. If you choose to block cookies using your browser, we cannot guarantee the functionality of our website.
Marketing Cookies and tracking - Options
You have the option to opt out of marketing cookies and blocking trackers in most modern browsers through your privacy settings, or through ad-blockers or anti-trackers. If you have this already set up, you may well find your browser has already blocked Google and Facebook marketing. Our website will function fine provided none of the essential cookes have been blocked. To block or opt out of Google or Facebook marketing globally and not just on our website, we have provided informative links to each services recommended solutions for opt-out:
You can opt out of Google Analytics for all websites you visit by visiting https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout. This browser add-on is compatible with modern browsers.
Control your preferences on Google Ads services and targeted advertising by visiting https://adssettings.google.com/, these choices will apply to all websites you visit and not just this website.
Deleting cookies from your browser
We have presented several links below for information on how to remove cookies from your web-browser for your convenience:
- For the Chrome web browser, please visit this page from Google: https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/32050
- For the Microsoft Edge web browser, please visit this page from Microsoft: https://privacy.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10-microsoft-edge-and-privacy
- For the Firefox web browser, please visit this page from Mozilla: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/delete-cookies-remove-info-websites-stored
- For the Safari web browser, please visit this page from Apple: https://support.apple.com/en-gb/guide/safari/sfri11471/mac
- For any other web browser, please visit your web browser's official web pages.
Links to other websites
Further information, Cookies and Privacy