Last updated: 16th April 2021
Who We Are
The Jewellery Stop website is operated by The Jewellery Stop (Online) Limited, registered in England and Wales, company number 06888266. The Business Registered office is: 44C Poplar Road, Kings Heath, Birmingham, B14 7AD, United Kingdom. The business is VAT registered in the United Kingdom, VAT number GB359341481. The Jewellery Stop (Online) Limited trades as "The Jewellery Stop". Our contact e-mail is [email protected] We trade through our shop at The Jewellery Stop, 44 Poplar Road, Kings Heath, Birmingham, B14 7AD. You can call our offices on +44(0)121 794 5004 or in writing to the above address. Throughout this policy, we refer to ourselves as "The Jewellery Stop" for simplification purposes.
- Personal Data: Personal Data means data about a living individual who can be identified by such data (or from those and other information either in our possession or likely to come into our possession).
- Usage Data: Usage Data is data collected automatically either generated by the use of the service, or from the service infrastructure itself (for example, the date and time a website page was visited, the browser type and/or browser version).
- Cookies: Cookies are small pieces of data stored on the User's device.
- Data Processor (or Service Providers): Data Processor (or a Service Provider) means any person (other than an employee of the Data Controller) who processes the data on behalf of the Data Controller. We may use the services of various Service Providers in order to process your data more effectively.
- Data Subject: Data Subject is any living individual who is the subject of Personal Data.
- User: The User is the individual using our Service. The User corresponds to the Data Subject, who is the subject of the Personal Data.
What Information We Collect And Use
We collect several different types of information for various purposes to provide and improve our Service to you.
Whilst using our Service, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you ("Personal Data"). Personally identifiable information we collect may include but is not limited to:
- Name (full)
- Email Address
- Telephone or Mobile Number
- Address, County/State, Province/Region, Postal or Zip code, City, Country
We request information to provide you with the service and only ask the essential information for us to provide you with a given service, so for example, if you do not purchase from us but sign up for an account on this website or sign up for our newsletter, we do not request your telephone number and address unless you decide to knowingly provide us this information through your account area or by contacting us. If you purchase from us as a guest or through an account on our website, we will require and retain your address(es) and telephone number.
If you sign up for an account on this website and purchase from us, we will retain your address (billing and any delivery addresses you have provided) and telephone number, and the following information which will be available to you through your account area:
- Order information and history
- Shopping Basket and Wish List (which assists our customer service to you concerning any pre-sale enquiries)
- Jewellery Stop Reward Points balance and your point statement history
You have the option to sign in or create an account on our website using your Apple, Facebook, Google or Twitter account. To do this, only your name and email are exchanged with our website and the social platform you use, there is no exchange of any further personal data.
Our newsletter requires your full name and email address. We request your full name even if you don't have an account on our website or have not purchased from us, so we can address you correctly.
You can unsubscribe from our newsletter at any time, or update your details by either following the preference or unsubscribe link found on the bottom of all our newsletter emails, or, fill out the form on our newsletter page (link found at the bottom of our website) and a link will be sent to you by email to update your details. If you have an account on our website, you can log into your account and unsubscribe in your account area. You can also get in touch by emailing [email protected] Please also note there is a difference between unsubscribing from our newsletter and deleting your information. If you unsubscribe, we retain a record of your email and name to ensure you do not receive future marketing emails from us. We can delete this record if you wish us to do so with any existing account held on our website at your request, and you can re-subscribe if you wish at any time.
Gift Cards may be purchased for a friend on our site. For us to deliver the gift card, we will require different information depending on whether the gift card is physical to be posted to the receiver, or virtual and emailed to the receiver. We Require the receivers full name. If the gift card is to be posted, we will require the full address and telephone number of the receiver in case there are delivery problems, but you may put your own phone number if you prefer. If the gift card is virtual, we will require the receivers email so the card can be sent. Gift cards can be purchased or used on our website or in our shop at 44 Poplar Road, Kings Heath, Birmingham, B14 7AD.
We may also collect information on how this service is accessed and used ("Usage Data"). This Usage Data may include information about from where, what time and what type of device accessed our website service, but this does not incorporate personal data. This information includes (but is not limited to):
- IP Address
- Browser type
- Browser Version
- Logs of pages visited (including the time and date and time spent on such pages)
- Unique device identifiers
This data is collected solely for security and trouble-shooting purposes and is deleted pending on there being no security or trouble-shooting required action on our part.
Tracking and Cookie Data
Cookies are files with small amounts of data which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a website and stored on your device. Tracking technologies also used include beacons, tags, and scripts, which collect usage data (not personal data from your device) which we can use to analyse and understand how our website is used.
Example of the types of cookies we use:
- Session Cookies: We use Session Cookies to operate our Service
- Preference Cookies: We use Preference cookies so our site remembers your preferences and various settings (such as the sort order of products or how they are displayed to you).
- Security Cookies: We use Security Cookies for security purposes.
Use of Data
The Jewellery Stop uses the collected data for various purposes:
- To provide and maintain our Service
- To provide an extended special individual service, for example, if you have contacted us looking for a particular style necklace and you have an account on this website, we may add our closest suggestions to your wish list or shopping basket list for your ease and convenience when you log into our website.
- To notify you about changes to our Service
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our Services when you choose to do so
- To provide customer support
- To gather analysis or valuable information so that we can improve our service
- Internal record keeping
- To detect, prevent and address technical issues
- To detect, prevent and address fraud
- To provide you with news, special offers and general information about our products or any promotional offers through our newsletter if you have signed up for this service.
Retention of Data
Retention of Personal Data
Retention of Usage Data
The Jewellery Stop (Online) Limited retains Usage Data for internal analysis and security purposes. Usage Data is generally retained for a shorter period of time (2-3 months) except where we require the data to strengthen or improve the security of our website, troubleshoot functionality issues or we are obliged to retain the data for legal purposes. If we retain data beyond normal requirements, this data is immediately deleted once it has served its purpose.
Retention of Tracking Data
Tracking data is anonymised (personal information identifiers are removed including IP Addresses) and we retain this data for 14 months, after which, the data is permanently deleted.
Transfer of Data
Your information, including Personal Data, may be transferred to - and maintained on - computers or servers located outside of your country, province or state, or other government jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ from those from your jurisdiction.
If you are located outside the United Kingdom, and choose to provide information to us, please note that we transfer the data, including Personal Data, to the United Kingdom and process it there.
All the information we collect is confidential between us (The Jewellery Stop) and you, and our Service Providers where applicable (more information under Service Providers later in our policy). This Information is not passed or sold on to third parties without your knowledge or prior consent unless we are required to do so by law.
Disclosure of Data
Disclosure of Law Enforcement
Under certain circumstances, The Jewellery Stop (Online) Limited may be required to disclose your personal data if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (for example, a court or government agency).
The Jewellery Stop (Online) Limited may disclose your personal data in good faith that such action is necessary:
- To comply with a legal obligation
- To protect and defend the rights or property of The Jewellery Stop (Online) Limited
- To prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the services and products of The Jewellery Stop (Online) Limited
- To protect the personal safety of users of the service, products or the public.
- To protect against legal liability
Security of Data
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect. No payment information is stored on this website or in our offices. All payments are safely and securely handled through the renowned services of Opayo. Despite our website not holding financially sensitive information, we still fully encrypt our website with SSL which is an extra assurance that your communications and interactions with our website are private and secure. We ask that if you register on this website, you maintain your own good security practices which include but are not limited to:
- Good passwords (not "123456" or "password"!)
- Do not use the same password as other accounts you may have access credentials for such as financially sensitive accounts (online banking/finance) or your personal email
- Maintain good security on your device (such as anti-malware or anti-virus)
- Maintain good security on your e-mail (if an un-authorised person gains access to your e-mail in the modern world, this not only endangers your security for the contents of your e-mail but may also allow the un-authorised person to gain access to many if not all of your accounts held on websites across the web).
Please remember that no method of transmission over the internet or electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Providing us with Accurate Data
It is your responsibility to provide us with the correct information for us to provide the service. We cannot accept responsibility if you provide us with inaccurate information which results in incorrect delivery or service problems. If you provide us inaccurate information, we ask that you update any incorrect information you may have provided us either via your account on our website if you have one, or get in touch by emailing [email protected] Please note that if you provide an incorrect email address or delivery address, this may result in your personal information or products being sent to another individual if that address or email exists linked to another individual. If you have successfully placed an order on our website with incorrect details, please get in touch by emailing [email protected] or calling our offices on +44(0)121 794 5004.
The Jewellery Stop (Online) Limited aims to take reasonable steps to allow you to correct, amend, delete or limit the use of your Personal Data.
Whenever made possible, you can update your Personal Data directly if you hold an account on our website by logging in to your account and accessing your information held in your account area of our website. If you do not have an account on our website, please contact us to make the desired changes.
If you wish to be informed what Personal Data we hold about you and/or you wish to be removed from our systems, you can do so by any of the below means:
- Log into your account if you have one, proceed to your account area where you can download a copy of the data we have about you, or request data deletion
- Email us your request to [email protected] *
- Write to us at The Jewellery Stop (Online) Limited, F.A.O Data Control Officer, 44C Poplar Road, Kings Heath, Birmingham, B14 7AD *
* Please include a contact number in case we need to call you to verify your identity
In certain circumstances, you have the right:
- To receive a copy of the Personal Data we hold about you
- To rectify any Personal Data held about you that is inaccurate
- To request deletion of Personal Data held about you
You have the right to data portability for the information you provide to The Jewellery Stop (Online) Limited. You can request to obtain a copy of your Personal Data in a commonly used electronic format so that you can manage and move it. In exceptional circumstances we may be able to provide the information we hold about you in writing.
Please note, we may ask you to verify your identity before responding to such requests by confirming selected information with you by telephone. When emailing us to request information, changes or deletion of your data, please provide a contact number we can contact you on.
Note Concerning deletion of personal data: If you request us to delete your personal information held by us, but you have purchased from us in the past, we will retain your receipt transaction which we are required to do so for accounting and legal purposes. This includes your name, address and email as stated on your receipt. Payment information is retained by our payment processors and for our accounts purposes which is legally required. This data will never be used for any other purpose than the legal and accounting requirements we must comply with.
Denial of Data Deletion
If you have an order in progress, we will not be able to process your request until your order is completed, or cancelled. Our website enables you to request data deletion through your account area, if you request deletion but an order is in progress, we will be aware of your request for deletion and you will receive an automated email informing you that the request will be dealt with as soon as your order has been dealt with.
Time-scale Data Deletion
So we can thoroughly ensure your contact details are completely removed from our website, newsletter and emails and are not present in any form other than on receipts we are required to keep for lawful and accounting purposes, please allow up to 7 working days for us to process your request.
Cookie Blocking and Deletion
You can remove or block all cookies on your browser/device. Please note that blocking all cookies from websites may cause certain functionality problems on many websites including this one.
- For the Chrome web browser, please visit this page from Google: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647
- For the Microsoft Edge web browser, please visit this page from Microsoft: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-edge/delete-cookies-in-microsoft-edge-63947406-40ac-c3b8-57b9-2a946a29ae09
- For the Firefox web browser, please visit this page from Mozilla: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/clear-cookies-and-site-data-firefox
- For the Safari web browser, please visit this page from Apple: https://support.apple.com/en-gb/guide/safari/sfri11471/mac
For any other web browser, please visit your web browser's official web pages.
For concerns about Google and Facebook tracking, please see Service Providers below.
We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Service ("Service Providers"), to provide the Service on our behalf, to perform Service-related services or to assist us in analysing how our Service is used.
These third parties have access to the Personal Data we hold about you only to perform these tasks, and we provide them no further information than that which is required for the service they perform. These third parties are obligated to not disclose or use the data for any other purpose.
For payments processed for purchases on our website and telephone transaction payments, we use third party services for payment processing (payment processors).
The payment processors we work with are:
We use Royal Mail for processing UK deliveries. Royal Mail require your name and address for the delivery of your order as printed on your order package. Your name and address are only used for the delivery service provided by Royal Mail.
For UK and International DHL services (UK next working day and International Express delivery), DHL require your full name, address, email address and telephone number. This enables DHL to send you delivery updates or contact you should there be any delivery or clearance issues. We provide DHL the delivery information you provided and we may contact you should any information be missing (such as payments via Paypal Express do not require your telephone number by default).
Please note, for international shipments, DHL may provide your contact details to your countries customs control should any duty and taxes be due on your order, see our delivery information for more information.
Google Analytics is a web analytics service offered by Google that tracks and reports website traffic. Google uses the data collected to track and monitor our service. This data is not shared with other google services and no personal data is transferred to or from Google for this purpose. IP Addresses are anonymized too.
For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy & Terms web page:
The Jewellery Stop (Online) Limited uses marketing services to advertise on third party websites. Our use of these services does not involve personal information being passed to or from such services.
Google Ads - provided by Google Inc.
We use google Ads to advertise on Google and Google partner websites. These adverts display primarily through google search, for example, you may have searched for "Costume Jewellery" and followed an advert linked to our website, or, you may have browsed our website and searched for a service elsewhere and google suggests our website since it was of previous interest to you.
You can opt out of Google for Display Advertising and customise the Google Display Network ads by visiting http://www.google.com/settings/ads or https://adssettings.google.com/, these choices will apply to all websites you visit and not just this website on the device and browser you are using.
For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy and Terms website page: http://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/
Facebook Pixel - provided by Facebook Inc.
We use the reCAPTCHA service provided by Google Inc. (Google) to protect your submissions via internet submission forms on this site. This plugin checks if you are a person in order to prevent certain website functions from being abused (or used) by spam bots. This plugin query includes the sending of the IP address and possibly other data required by Google for the Google reCAPTCHA service. For this purpose your input will be communicated to and used by Google. However, your IP address is previously truncated by Google within member states of the European Union or in other states which are party to the agreement on the European Economic Area and is, as such, anonymized. Only in exceptional cases is a full IP address transmitted to a Google server in the United States and truncated there. On behalf of the operator of this website (The Jewellery Stop), Google will use this information to evaluate your use of this service. The IP address provided by reCaptcha from your browser is not merged with any other data from Google or The Jewellery Stop.
By using the reCAPTCHA service, you consent to the processing of data about you by Google in the manner and for the purposes set out above.
For convenience of our customers, our website offers the option to log in or create an account through an Apple, Facebook, Google or Twitter account. To do this, our website uses apps for log in from each of these services and only your Full Name and Email Address are exchanged with our website. Email addresses for new accounts will still require validation via a link sent from our website. For privacy concerns for your personal data with any of these social networks, please visit their respective privacy policies (Facebook, Google or Twitter). We do not share any account data with these services for customers who do not use these services specifically on our site.
We use social networks such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest and Google Business to promote our website and products. You will find the links to our social network pages at the bottom of our website. We do not exchange any individual/personal data with such services.
This Website and the Services are not directed to children under the age of 16. We do not knowingly collect information, including Personal Data, from children or other individuals who are not legally able to use our Sites and Services. If we obtain actual knowledge that we have collected Personal Data from a child under the age of 16, we will promptly delete it, unless we are legally obligated to retain such data. Contact us if you believe that we have mistakenly or unintentionally collected information from a child under the age of 16.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy whilst visiting such sites as such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
History of Policy Changes
Version 1.8 - 16th April 2021
Updates on clarification of our paragraph and DHL services.
Version 1.7 - 16th March 2021
We updated our telephone number.
Version 1.6 - 22nd February 2021
Minor updates to instruction links for removal of cookies in various browsers.
Version 1.5 - 17th January 2021
Version 1.4 - 2nd December 2020
Version 1.3 - 3rd October 2020
Version 1.2 - 26th September 2020
Version 1.1 - 1st January 2020
Our upgrade website launched with this initial version, version 1.0 was never published or active.