Last updated: 5th August 2018
By using this website
When you pay for an order on our website, the transaction is processed and handled via SagePay, which requires the use of essential session cookies. This is essential for your payment transaction to be processed. No personally identifiable information is stored by the cookies during your transaction via SagePay and these cookies are deleted after you close your browser. Paypal payments are also processed by SagePay and may additionally involve session cookies from Paypal without which, your payment would not be processed.
The analytic cookies we use gather general information about how our website is used, where our visitors come from, which pages are successful and which areas of our website perhaps need improving. This assists our ability to provide a better service to you. Through this analytic activity, we collect no personally identifiable data about you as this data is gathered on a whole user basis and is anonymised.
What Cookies are and what they do:
Cookies are small text files which are stored on your computer or device's web browser, sent by a website you visit. Cookies are only readable by your device and the website or service they are associated with. There are several types of cookies used for different purposes:
- Session Cookies: These cookies expire when the website browser is closed. They are functional and may store preferences (such as your shopping cart contents or a view preference for products such as the sort order), and they may identify your session (use of a website) by a uniquely generated id so as to distinguish your actions from other users. This unique id does not relate to personal data and is used for security purposes. Session cookies do not collect information from the user's computer.
- Permanent cookies: These cookies remain in operation and remain on your computer or device. They can have an expiration of several months. They may remember login details so you don't have to type them in every time you use a given website, and they may remember certain preferences you have chosen in the past or pages you have viewed. This can greatly improve your user experience of a website as you can quickly return to where you left off on your previous visit. They are also known as persistent cookies.
- Third Party Cookies: Many websites use third party services with the aim of collecting certain information to carry out research into how websites are used, demographics information, or to gather data to remarket website products or services to you. Under new privacy laws such as the GDPR and similar laws from other countries, websites must give you the option to opt out of such third party cookies.
You can learn more about cookies via the following third-party websites:
When you use and access this website, a number of essential and preferential cookies files are stored in your web browser, without which our website would not operate for you. The functions of these cookies are outlined below:
- Essential cookies: We may use essential cookies that authenticate users and prevent fraudulent use of user accounts. Other essential cookies may indicate to your website browser any parts of our website which have not changed, enabling your browser to load a website page faster by loading resources from your website browser's cache (such as images). This greatly improves your user experience, and speeds up given website page load times.
- Preferences cookies: We may use preferences cookies that remember information that changes the way the Website behaves or looks for your user experience, such as the option to view different quantities of products per page, the sort order display you may have chosen, or to view products in a grid or list format. On subsequent visits to our website, these preferences are memorised for your user experience/convenience.
The essential and preference cookies required do not pass on any information to us about you. Below you will find a list and a description of a selection of essential and preferential cookies which we use:
- cookieAlertState, cookieAlertClosedFlag: This cookie is set to inform our website whether you chose to accept or deny our additional use of analytics and marketing cookies and for our website to behave accordingly.
- frontend, frontend_cid: Your session on our website server, which distinguishes your visit/interactions from other users by a unique id with no personally identifiable information, and may remember certain settings such as the part or settings of our website you were using before you logged into an account on our website so they remain available to you.
- external_no_cache: Indicates whether caching is disabled or not, essential for the performance of our website.
- nitrogento_cache_fullpage, nitrogento_last_store: These two cookies help increase the speed at which the web pages of this site load by informing your website browser if pages have changed since your last visit and if parts of the website can be loaded from cache or temporary storage on your device.
- persistent_shopping_cart: A link to information about your cart and viewing history, set if you log into our account or log out. If you put a product in your cart (or shopping bag) on this website and subsequently logged out, this cookie would link the information for the item to be back in your cart when you log back in again.
Third Party Essential cookies:
Our website transaction payment processor is SagePay and all payment transactions (credit/debit card or paypal transactions and authorization) take place on their secure servers. For this system to operate, Sagepay use essential session cookies to differentiate customers and to secure/identify your session. These cookies store none of your personal information and these cookies are deleted when you close your browser.
Paypal payments are also processed via SagePay and require your authentication with Paypal during that process. Paypal also use session cookies to secure your user session during payment authorization.
We also use Analytics cookies, passing data to Google Analytics. These cookies track information about how our website is used which gives us insights into how we can improve our website and service. We may also use analytic cookies to test new advertisements, analyse newsletter performance or test new pages or features of our website to see how users (overall, not individually,) react to them. This analytics data is anonymised meaning we cannot track individual or personally identifiable information but instead we get a generalised picture overall of how customers have interacted with our service. We offer the option for you to opt out of these additional analytics cookies.
Below you will find a list of the marketing and analytics cookies which we use and a simple description:
- _gid: Used by Google Analytics to distinguish user sessions on our website.
- _ga, _gat (_gat may be followed by further characters): Used by Google Analytics. These two cookies collect anonymous information about how visitors use our site. We use the information to compile analytical reports which help us improve our website and service. The cookies collect information such as the number of visitors to our websites, how they arrived there (e.g. directly from the internet or through linking from another website) and tracking which webpages they visited.
Your Options for using this website
By using this website, you are agreeing to the use of essential and preferential cookies, including essential cookies for essential 3rd party services such as our payment service provider SagePay.
We have presented several links below for information on how to remove cookies from your web-browser. Please note that if you choose to manually block cookies from our website including our essental and preferential cookies, some pages and functions of our website will not work.
- For the Chrome web browser, please visit this page from Google: https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/32050
- For the Microsoft Edge web browser, please visit this page from Microsoft: https://privacy.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10-microsoft-edge-and-privacy
- For the Firefox web browser, please visit this page from Mozilla: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/delete-cookies-remove-info-websites-stored
- For the Safari web browser, please visit this page from Apple: https://support.apple.com/kb/PH21411?locale=en_US
- For any other web browser, please visit your web browser's official web pages.
Links to other websites
Last updated: 5th August 2018
Who We Are
The Jewellery Stop website is operated by The Jewellery Stop (Online) Limited, registered in England and Wales, company number 06888266. The Business Registered office is: 44C Poplar Road, Kings Heath, Birmingham, B14 7AD, United Kingdom. The Jewellery Stop (Online) Limited trades as "The Jewellery Stop". Our contact e-mail is firstname.lastname@example.org. You can call our offices between 10am and 3pm GMT (UK Time) Monday to Saturday on +44 (0)121 444 4449 or in writing to the above address. Throughout this policy, we refer to ourselves as The Jewellery Stop for simplification purposes.
- Personal Data: Personal Data means data about a living individual who can be identified by such data (or from those and other information either in our possesion or likely to come into our possession).
- Usage Data: Usage Data is data collected automatically either generated by the use of the service, or from the service infrastructure itself (for example, the date and time a website page was visited, the browser type and/or browser version).
- Cookies: Cookies are small pieces of data stored on the User's device.
- Data Processor (or Service Providers): Data Processor (or a Service Provider) means any person (other than an employee of the Data Controller) who processes the data on behalf of the Data Controller. We may use the services of various Service Providers in order to process your data more effectively.
- Data Subject: Data Subject is any living individual who is the subject of Personal Data.
- User: The User is the individual using our Service. The User corresponds to the Data Subject, who is the subject of the Personal Data.
What Information We Collect And Use
We collect several different types of information for various purposes to provide and improve our Service to you.
Whilst using our Service, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you ("Personal Data"). Personally identifiable information we collect may include but is not limited to:
- Name (full)
- Email Address
- Telephone or Mobile Number
- Address, County/State, Province/Region, Postal or Zip code, City, Country
We request information to provide you with the service and only ask the essential information for us to provide you with a given service, so for example, if you do not purchase from us but sign up for an account on this website or sign up for our newsletter, we do not request your telephone number and address unless you decide to knowingly provide us this information through your account area or by contacting us. If you purchase from us as a guest or through an account on our website, we will require and retain your address(es) and telephone number.
If you sign up for an account on this website and purchase from us, we will retain your address (billing and any delivery addresses you have provided) and telephone number, and the following information which will be available to you through your account area:
- Order information and history
- Shopping bag and Favourites (which assists our customer service to you concerning any pre-sale enquiries)
- Jewellery Stop Reward Points balance and your point statement history
- Your newsletter subscription status
If you sign up for our newsletter, we may use your personal data to send you newsletters by email. You may opt out of receiving any, or all such communications from us by following the unsubscribe link or instructions provided at the bottom of every newsletter email we send, by updating your newsletter preference in your account area if you have an account on this website, or by contacting us by emailing email@example.com. Please also note there is a difference between unsubscribing from our newsletter and deleting your information. If you unsubscribe, we retain a record of your email and name to ensure you do not receive future emails from us. We can delete this record if you wish us to do so with any existing account held on our website at your request, and you can re-subscribe if you wish at any time.
We may also collect information how this service is accessed and used ("Usage Data"). This Usage Data may include information about from where, what time and what type of device accessed our website service, but this does not incorporate personal data. This information includes (but is not limited to):
- IP Address
- Browser type
- Browser Version
- Logs of pages visited (including the time and date and time spent on such pages)
- Unique device identifiers
This data is collected solely for security and trouble-shooting purposes and is deleted pending on there being no security or trouble-shooting required action on our part.
Tracking and Cookie Data
Cookies are files with small amounts of data which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a website and stored on your device. Tracking technologies also used are beacons, tags, and scripts which collect and track information which collect data which we can analyse to understand how our website is used.
Example of the types of cookies we use:
- Session Cookies: We use Session Cookies to operate our Service
- Preference Cookies: We use Preference cookies to remember your preferences and various settings (such as the sort order of products or how they are displayed to you).
- Security Cookies: We use Security Cookies for security purposes.
- 3rd Party tracking cookies: We use google analytics to collect data such as demographics of where our website is accessed from (country) and from what type of devices. These are optional and you can choose to decline the use of these cookies on our website.
Tracking data which we collect is anonymised, meaning we (and our 3rd party analytics service Google Analytics) remove all trace of IP addresses which could uniquely identify an individual. Our collected tracking data is analysed as a whole (usage by all website visitors is summarised in the statistics we analyse).
Use of Data
The Jewellery Stop uses the collected data for various purposes:
- To provide and maintain our Service
- To provide an extended special individual service, for example, if you have contacted us looking for a particular style necklace and you have an account on this website, we may add our closest suggestions to your favourites or shopping bag list for your ease and convenience when you log into our website.
- To notify you about changes to our Service
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our Services when you choose to do so
- To provide customer support
- To gather analysis or valuable information so that we can improve our service
- Internal record keeping
- To detect, prevent and address technical issues
- To provide you with news, special offers and general information about our products or any promotional offers through our newsletter unless you have opted not to receive such information
Retention of Data
Retention of Personal Data
Retention of Usage Data
The Jewellery Stop (Online) Limited retains Usage Data for internal analysis and security purposes. Usage Data is generally retained for a shorter period of time (2-3 months) except where we require the data to strengthen or improve the security of our website, troubleshoot functionality issues or we are obliged to retain the data for legal purposes. If we retain data beyond normal requirements, this data is immediately deleted once it has served its purpose.
Retention of Tracking Data
Tracking data is anonymised (personal information identifiers are removed including IP Addresses) and we retain this data for 14 months, after which, the data is permanently deleted.
Transfer of Data
Your information, including Personal Data, may be transferred to - and maintained on - computers or servers located outside of your country, province or state, or other government jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ from those from your jurisdiction.
If you are located outside the United Kingdom, and choose to provide information to us, please note that we transfer the data, including Personal Data, to the United Kingdom and process it there.
All the information we collect is confidential between us (The Jewellery Stop) and you, and our Service Providers where applicable (more information under Service Providers later in our policy). This Information is not passed or sold on to third parties without your knowledge or prior consent unless we are required to do so by law.
Disclosure of Data
Disclosure of Law Enforcement
Under certain circumstances, The Jewellery Stop (Online) Limited may be required to disclose your personal data if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (for example, a court or government agency).
The Jewellery Stop (Online) Limited may disclose your personal data in good faith that such action is necessary to:
- To comply with a legal obligation
- To protect and defend the rights or property of The Jewellery Stop (Online) Limited
- To prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the services and products of The Jewellery Stop (Online) Limited
- To protect the personal safety of users of the service, products or the public.
- To protect against legal liability
Security of Data
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect. No payment information is stored on this website or in our offices. All payments are safely and securely handled through the renowned services of SagePay. Despite our website not holding financially sensitive information, we still fully encrypt our website with SSL which is an extra assurance that your communications and interactions with our website are private and secure. We ask that if you register on this website, you maintain your own good security practices which include but are not limited to:
- Good passwords (not "123456" or "password"!)
- Do not use the same password as other accounts you may have access credentials for such as financially sensitive accounts (online banking/finance) or your personal email
- Maintain good security on your device (such as anti-malware or anti-virus)
- Maintain good security on your e-mail (if an un-authorized person gains access to your e-mail in the modern world, this not only endangers your security for the contents of your e-mail but may also allow the un-authorized person to gain access to many if not all of your accounts held on websites accross the web).
Please remember that no method of transmission over the internet or electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Providing us with Accurate Data
It is your responsibility to provide us with the correct information for us to provide the service. We cannot accept responsibility if you provide us with inaccurate information which results in incorrect delivery or service problems. If you provide us inaccurate information, we ask that you update any incorrect information you may have provided us either via your account on our website if you have one, or get in touch by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that if you provide an incorrect email address or delivery address, this may result in your personal information or products being sent to another individual if that address or email exists linked to another individual. If you have successfully placed an order on our website with incorrect details, please get in touch by emailing email@example.com or calling our offices on 0121 444 4449.
The Jewellery Stop (Online) Limited aims to take reasonable steps to allow you to correct, amend, delete or limit the use of your Personal Data.
Whenever made possible, you can update your Personal Data directly if you hold an account on our website by logging in to your account and accessing your information held in your account area of our website. If you do not have an account on our website, please contact us to make the desired changes.
If you wish to be informed what Personal Data we hold about you and/or you wish to be removed from our systems, please contact us by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org or in writing to our offices found on our contact page.
In certain circumstances, you have the right:
- To receive a copy of the Personal Data we hold about you
- To rectify any Personal Data held about you that is inaccurate
- To request deletion of Personal Data held about you
You have the right to data portability for the information you provide to The Jewellery Stop (Online) Limited. You can request to obtain a copy of your Personal Data in a commonly used electronic format so that you can manage and move it. In exceptional circumstances we may be able to provide the information we hold about you in writing.
Please note, we may ask you to verify your identity before responding to such requests by confirming selected information with you by telephone. When emailing us to request information, changes or deletion of your data, please provide a contact number we can contact you on.
Note Concerning deletion of personal data: If you request us to delete your personal information held by us, but you have purchased from us in the past, we will retain your receipt transaction which we are required to do so for accounting and legal purposes. This includes your name, address and email as stated on your receipt. Payment information is retained by our payment processors and for our accounts purposes which is legally required. This data will never be used for any other purpose than the legal and accounting requirements we must comply with. Please allow us 7-14 days to confirm data deletion which we can confirm with you by phone or email.
We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Service ("Service Providers"), to provide the Service on our behalf, to perform Service-related services or to asist us in analyzing how our Service is used.
These third parties have access to the Personal Data we hold about you only to perform these tasks, and we provide them no further information than that which is required for the service they perform. These third parties are obligated to not disclose or use the data for any other purpose.
For payments processed for purchases on our website and telephone transaction payments, we use third party services for payment processing (payment processors).
The payment processors we work with are:
Google Analytics is a web analytics service offered by Google that tracks and reports website traffic. Google uses the data collected to track and monitor our service. This data is not shared with other google services and no personal data is transfered to or from Google for this purpose. IP Addresses are anonymised too.
For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy & Terms web page: http://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/
The Jewellery Stop (Online) Limited uses marketing services to advertise on third party websites. Our use of these services does not involve personal information being passed to or from such services.
Google AdWords - provided by Google Inc.
We use google Adwords to advertise on Google and Google partner websites. These adverts display primarily through google search, for example, you may have searched for "Costume Jewellery" and followed an advert linked to our website.
You can also opt out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising and customize the Google Display Network ads by visiting the Google Ads Settings page: http://www.google.com/settings/ads.
For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy and Terms website page: http://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/.
We use the reCAPTCHA service provided by Google Inc. (Google) to protect your submissions via internet submission forms on this site. This plugin checks if you are a person in order to prevent certain website functions from being abused (or used) by spam bots. This plugin query includes the sending of the IP address and possibly other data required by Google for the Google reCAPTCHA service. For this purpose your input will be communicated to and used by Google. However, your IP address is previously truncated by Google within member states of the European Union or in other states which are party to the agreement on the European Economic Area and is, as such, anonymized. Only in exceptional cases is a full IP address transmitted to a Google server in the United States and truncated there. On behalf of the operator of this website (The Jewellery Stop), Google will use this information to evaluate your use of this service. The IP address provided by reCaptcha from your browser is not merged with any other data from Google or The Jewellery Stop.
By using the reCAPTCHA service, you consent to the processing of data about you by Google in the manner and for the purposes set out above.
We use social networks such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest and Google Business to promote our website and products. You will find the links to our social network pages at the bottom of our website. We do not exchange any individual/personal data with such services.
This Website and the Services are not directed to children under the age of 16. We do not knowingly collect information, including Personal Data, from children or other individuals who are not legally able to use our Sites and Services. If we obtain actual knowledge that we have collected Personal Data from a child under the age of 16, we will promptly delete it, unless we are legally obligated to retain such data. Contact us if you believe that we have mistakenly or unintentionally collected information from a child under the age of 16.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy whilst visiting such sites as such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.